Healthy Platter to Serve for Dessert
Most dessert platters are heavy on high calorie food such as chocolate, cakes and sweet biscuits and candy. It can add a massive amount of calories to your intake, especially if it’s at the end of a large meal and alcohol. This is a healthier version of a grazing platter to serve for dessert, that will appeal to most of your guests.
- Plenty of fresh fruit like grapes, melons, strawberries and mango cheeks
- unsalted nuts like almonds and cashews
- dark chocolate is healthier than milk or white chocolate. I included cranberries dipped in dark chocolate by Angas Park. They contain antioxidants and have no added artificial colours or flavours, or preservatives.
- Greek yogurt
- dried fruit such as apricots or figs
Options for Entertaining
If you plan to have just one grazing platter, you can combine the above with the savoury grazing platter – cheese, fruit and olives go very well together. At Christmas time, cut the melon with a star or Christmas tree shaped cookie cutter to add a festive touch.
Food to Avoid Serving
Try to avoid serving food high in sugar and fat. While being moreish and a crowd pleaser, the aim is to feed your guests healthy food. Avoid serving the following:
- Chocolate mousse or puddings. Serve my healthy chocolate chia pudding instead
- Blocks of chocolate or candies. Serve strawberries dipped in dark chocolate instead.
- Pastries, cakes and sweet biscuits. Serve healthy protein balls or sugar free versions of your favourite cakes and muffins.
- Salted or caramelised nuts. Serve raw nuts and seeds such as sunflower seeds
Delight your guests at your next gathering by serving them healthy food. They will appreciate the care and attention you make to their health.
Dessert Grazing Platter
- Decorative Platter
- Sharp knife
- Christmas cookie cutters (optional)
- Plenty of fresh fruit like grapes melons, strawberries and mango cheeks
- Unsalted nuts like almonds and cashews
- Dark chocolate is healthier than milk or white chocolate. I included cranberries dipped in dark chocolate by Angas Park. They contain antioxidants and have no added artificial colours or flavours or preservatives
- Greek yogurt
- Dried fruit such as apricots or figs
- Assemble the ingredients on a decorative platter. Adjust the quantities according to the number of guests. You may like to serve a Savoury Grazing Platter as well, or add some of the savoury ingredients to this platter