Keep on Track with your Healthy Diet with these Ideas for Snacks
It can be very difficult to keep on track with your healthy diet and often the biggest blow-out is caused by the snacks we eat. Some snacks have as many calories as a full meal and the food is often high in salt, saturated fat and sugar. Before you know it, you are hungry again and reaching for another packet of chips. This post will give you some healthy snack ideas that are easy to prepare.
I have put together a list of snacks which are filling, nutritious and healthy. Snacking on each of these options will improve your diet, rather than detract from it.
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please see my full disclosure.
Snacks under 200 Calories
- 28 grams mixed nuts
- Capsicum cut into strips with 85 grams guacamole
- 100 grams Greek yogurt with 1/2 cup berries
- 1 cup cucumber slices with 100 grams hummus
- 1 piece of fresh fruit
- Chia pudding – see my recipe for directions
- 2 boiled eggs
- 1 cup Edamame (steamed unripened soya beans)
- 25 mixed olives
- Miso soup
- 1 tomato, 28 gram feta cheese, drizzled with 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg on toast
- Homemade vegetable soup – see my recipe for directions
Snacks under 300 Calories
- Apple slices and 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 5 celery sticks and 60 gram cottage cheese
- 3 corn thins with 1/2 avocado
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes and 60 gram mozarella cheese
- 60 gram piece of cheese
- 100 gram ricotta cheese and sliced pear
- strawberries dipped in melted dark chocolate
- Banana, 1/4 cup Greek yogurt and 2 tablespoons nuts
I hope you enjoy these healthy snack ideas. You may also like the following recipes and guides:
- Healthy breakfast options to start your day
- How to eat a healthy diet on a budget
- How to make a healthy burrito
You can also find more information on eating a healthy diet, and weight loss, at Healthy Diet and Recipes.